This IST training course provides an introduction to the requirements of the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and ASME Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Standards for the inservice testing of nuclear power plant systems and components.
Specific emphasis is placed on the ASME Code boundary classification process, Owner’s responsibilities, test and examination plans, and detailed requirements for inservice testing of pumps and valves. Examples are used to illustrate the correct application of the technical requirements.
Course Content & Structure
- IST requirements up through the 2012 Code Edition
- Course content & approach structured for IST Program Owners
- Training Materials provided in hard copy or electronic
- Current issues and interfaces with emphasis on industry/code initiatives and solutions
- IST Alternatives—Risk Informed, Performance Based Testing, Future OM Code Activities
*Requirements: You need to bring a copy of the ASME Code
Monday, 7:30 am-5:00 pm
Regulatory Framework, ASME Framework/OM Code Cases, ISTA General Requirements
Tuesday, 7:30 am-5:00 pm
ISTB Pump Testing, Appendix
Wednesday, 7:30 am-5:00 pm
Valve Testing, Appendices I, II and III
Thursday, 7:30 am-5:00 pm
ISTD Snubber Testing, Regulatory/Industry Future OM Code Activities/Challenges; Appendix IV, Performance/Risk Programs
Friday, 7:30 am-2:00 pm
Course Review, Exam, Exam Review, Closing and Discussion
Instructor Profile: Ronald Lippy
Mr. Lippy brings 45+ years of professional experience in nuclear power plant operation, maintenance, inspection, and testing to the classroom. His experience includes ASME Codes and Standards, regulatory requirements, and licensing and design basis activities.