Rail (E&P) Engineering
Station and trackside electrical systems engineering
GSE Systems Ltd. rail engineering team provides comprehensive electrical design services for rail infrastructure projects with successful year on year accreditation through Achilles RISQS since 2013. Our highly experienced rail electrical engineers have a comprehensive understanding of the particular demands of railway electrical systems. We have been involved in multiple electrification, upgrade, refurbishment and new build projects working in partnership with asset owners and leading engineering contractors.
RISQS Supplier Number: 66707
Services we offer
Electrical Systems Design
From specification through to detailed design, our team can develop comprehensive, cost effective design solutions for small and large rail electrical projects. We understand all the relevant industry standards and produce drawings and documentation to suit the requirements of all relevant stakeholders.
- Trackside supplies and DNO upgrades
- Points heating
- Signalling power supplies
- Lighting for station platforms (including domestics) and car parks, walkways, level crossings and points
- Station domestic electrical systems
- Earthing & Bonding
System Modelling and Assessment
Engineering analysis using industry-standard methodologies and software supports the development of safe, robust, reliable and compliant solutions.
- Power monitoring reports
- Power system modelling and protection settings analysis (using Hevacomp, Amtech, ETAP and SKM software)
- Lighting calculations (using DIALux software)
- HVAC requirement calculations
Project Implementation Support
Railway electrical system upgrade and refurbishment projects require tight control of execution, costs and resourcing to minimise disruption and impact on services.
- Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) duties
- Resource Management
- Gap analysis on scope change/amendment
- Integration of new equipment into existing infrastructure
- Risk assessments and multidisciplinary design reviews
- On-site supervision
- FAT & SAT requirements