Design, Engineering & Compliance
Delivering dedicated engineering services over the entire lifecycle of a projectSpecialised engineering solutions for increasingly complex project, design and compliance requirements
We work in close partnership with our clients to solve their most intricate issues. We utilise our extensive experience, combined with our on-going commitment to define industry best practice and provide cutting-edge expertise you can depend on. Our excellent industry reputation is the backbone of our business and we strive to ensure that every client is able to recommend us in the highest possible terms. We achieve this by quickly understanding and anticipating your requirements and keeping you informed and compliant in an ever-changing engineering environment. Trust us to take care of your engineering design and compliance requirements so that you can concentrate on the important task of growing your business.
We are experts in compliance within high hazard, highly regulated industries and deliver comprehensive Electrical, Control and Automation consultancy services to provide a range of solutions to address a client’s complex needs. From our compliance and project delivery expertise, we are able to implement full turn-key solutions, from feasibility and detailed design through to procurement, installation and commissioning. We are proud of our breadth of experience and application of best practise within multiple industrial sectors and also the range of services we are able to offer clients, from specialist consultancy to full project delivery.
Our Engineering Services
Engineering Project Management
We support clients with our wide range of project management services throughout the lifecycle of assets, new build, asset development, infrastructure renewal, operation and maintenance procedure development and decommissioning/demolition support.
Our services include:
- Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) studies
- Engineer, Procure, Construction Management (EPCM) projects
- Engineering Development
- Detail Design
- Systems Engineering
- Software Development
- System Configuration
- Procurement Support
- Construction Supervision
- CDM Co-ordination
- Commissioning Support
Control & Instrumentation (C&I) Engineering
We’ve successfully delivered many turnkey projects for DCS, PLC and SCADA systems based installations, which include expansion, upgrade and migration. We have also provided bespoke automation systems, working closely with clients to develop innovative concepts and effective design and delivery.
We offer design, specification, installation and commissioning services for all types of instrumentation and automation equipment. In each case, our solutions are fully documented and structured to ensure compliance with the latest legislation and best practice. We have considerable experience in hazardous area installations, safety instrumented systems, as well as conventional measurement requirements.
By taking a solutions-based approach to your challenges, we ensure that your exact requirements are understood and clearly documented, and that control systems are designed and engineered to meet the technical, legislative and commercial needs of every project.
Rail (E&P) Engineering Services
GSE Systems Ltd has Approved Supplier Status for one of the UK’s most recognised procurement and supply chain management services for the rail industry: Achilles RISQS. This accreditation acknowledges our commitment to exceptionally high standards in engineering operations, enabling us to extend our specialist engineering services to many different applications across the rail sector. We have successfully demonstrated alignment with the requirements for the Achilles core audit fulfilling the requirements of specific product codes including Electrical Engineering Design and Consultancy, Points Heating, Signalling Power and Earthing & Bonding systems. The core audit measures our standards and procedures against best practice in a number of key areas including Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental, Professional, Insurance, Financial and Legal.
Our Rail Engineering services include:
- Traction Distribution design including 3-phase AC, Single Phase AC and DC systems
- Non-Traction Distribution design including AC/DC, High and Low Voltage
- Specialist consultancy including power system modelling, fault level analysis, protection coordination studies, Arc Flash analysis, load analysis, sustainability and energy efficiency
- Plant design including LV distribution, points heating, pump control, external lighting, building services, signalling power
- Project management, engineering management, CRE and CEM responsibility
Electrical Engineering Consultancy
With limited engineering resources on many process and industrial sites, plus ever more demanding safety legislation, the role of managing electrical systems is a growing challenge. Maintaining a well-documented, secure and safe distribution system along with managing project work is becoming increasingly more difficult to achieve.
Our team of electrical engineering experts have extensive experience in designing, installing, assessing and enhancing power distribution systems. We provide tailored solutions that help clients successfully manage their systems to ensure compliance, safety, efficiency and optimal performance.
We offer a wide range of electrical consultancy and project delivery services to support your business. These range from existing system management advice, distribution system analysis, such as fault level and protection co-ordination studies right through to detailed design and full project implementation, developing safe operating procedures and provision of training.
Specialist Engineering Consultancy
As part of our wide-ranging engineering services, we deliver specialist consultancy services for Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineering which accurately satisfy compliance requirements across multiple industries, including Control of Major Accident Hazard (COMAH) sites and the needs of all operators of highly regulated / high hazard assets. Amongst others, such services include;
- Electrical Safety and Compliance – Electrical Systems Management, equipment condition and risk assessment, maintenance management, competency management, procedural enhancement, Electrical Technical Authority and duty holder provision, safety reviews and audits, compliance action plans, development and implementation of safe systems of work and training delivery.
- Electrical Power System Studies – System modelling and studies including Fault Level, Protection Coordination, Load Flow, Motor Starting, Harmonic and Transient Analysis on complex distribution systems. This includes embedded generation using software packages such as SKM Power Tools, ETAP and various others.
- Arc Flash Studies - Arc flash analysis to determine hazard boundary and incident energy levels, risk mitigation measures, risk assessments and the development of safe systems of work. GSE Systems has been involved in arc flash studies since 1995 and has established a position as one of the market leaders in the UK and Europe with over 200 studies completed to date across the world.
- Functional Safety & Alarm Management - Facilitation in the determination of Safety Integrity Level (SIL), design and verification of systems to meet specified SIL requirements. All our independent functional safety assessments are carried out by our team of engineers, trained to Certified Functional Safety Expert / Practitioner level (CFSE / CFSP). Our work is underpinned by our Exida TUV accredited software.
- Hazardous Areas and DSEAR Compliance - Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR) Assessments, Area classification for flammable vapour and dust risks, certified equipment database and inspection protocols, periodic review.