Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) developed the CHECWORKS™ software program to assist the utility industry in planning and implementing inspection programs to prevent flow-accelerated corrosion (FAC) failures. The goal of the code is to provide predictive technology allowing utilities to estimate the FAC wear rate and remaining service life of uninspected piping components. This course will provide advanced training of the CHECWORKS™ predictive algorithm utilizes a combination of input parameters to provide predicted wear rate and remaining service life for each modeled component.
- Detailed teachings on inner workings of CHECWORKS™ and performance of cyclical updates
- Ensuring CHECWORKS™ model is properly configured
- Troubleshooting common model errors and warnings
- Course content and approach structured for FAC and Erosion Program Owners
- Training materials are provided in hard copy or electronic download
- Tuesday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Wednesday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Thursday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
Ryan D. Doremus | firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 312.860.2102
Mr. Doremus has worked for over 12 years as a consulting engineer specializing in Flow Accelerated Corrosion and Erosion programs. He has performed several projects for domestic and international utilities including CHECWORKS™ model cyclical updates, Pass 2 analyses, power uprates, model verification and validation, and even building models from scratch. Mr. Doremus is a member of EPRI’s CHECWORKS™ Technical Advisory Group (TAG) and has been previously commissioned by EPRI to perform CHECWORKS™ SFA Training.
Contact Pam Gilroy